These Advisory Guidelines provide an explanation of how the DNC Provisions, which are set out in Part IX of the PDPA, may apply in different scenarios and allows organisations and individuals to better understand its requirements. They should be read in conjunction with the Advisory Guidelines On Key Concepts and Advisory Guidelines for Selected Topics.
The full document is available here.
To access selected chapters, please click on the links below:
- Introduction (Part I)
- Definition of a Specified Message (Part II)
- Duty to Check the DNC Register and the Requirement to Obtain Clear and Unambiguous Consent in Evidential Form (Part III)
- Requirement to Include Identification and Contact Information in Specified Messages (Part IV)
- Definition of Sender (Part V)
- Other Clarifications (Part VI)
- Extract of Exemption (Annex A)
Revisions to Chapters 3, 7 and 11 (updated 27 July 2017)
Chapters 3, 7 and 11 have been revised to provide further clarification on responding to requests for information through a third party, sending specified messages to Singapore telephone numbers obtained through third party sources, and the definition of “ongoing relationship”.