These Advisory Guidelines provide an explanation of how the DNC Provisions, which are set out in Part 9 of the PDPA, may apply in different scenarios and allows organisations and individuals to better understand the requirements. They should be read in conjunction with the Advisory Guidelines On Key Concepts and Advisory Guidelines for Selected Topics.
The full document is available here.
- Introduction (Part I)
- Definition of a Specified Message (Part II)
- Duty to Check the DNC Register and the Requirement to Obtain Clear and Unambiguous Consent in Evidential Form (Part III)
- Requirement to Include Identification and Contact Information in Specified Messages (Part IV)
- Definition of Sender (Part V)
- Dictionary Attacks and Address-Harvesting Software (Part VI)
- Other Clarifications (Part VII)
Revisions to Advisory Guidelines (updated 1 February 2021)
The Advisory Guidelines have been updated to provide clarity on the amendments to the PDPA which came into force on 1 February 2021. These include prohibitions relating to the use of dictionary attacks and address-harvesting software, and requirements on third-party DNC checkers.