The Advisory Guidelines for Selected Topics elaborates on how the PDPA applies to particular issues and domains. These assist in organisations and individuals’ understanding of the PDPA in the context of the topics selected.
The full document is available here.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview
- Chapter 2: Analytics and Research
- Chapter 3: Anonymisation
- Chapter 4: Photography, Video and Audio Recordings
- Chapter 5: Employment
- Chapter 6: Online Activities
- Chapter 7: Data Activities Relating to Minors
- Chapter 8: Cloud Services
Revisions to Advisory Guidelines
As of 17 May 2022, the section on “Closed-Circuit Television Cameras (“CCTVs”)” under chapter on “Photography, Video and Audio Recordings” has been updated to provide more clarity to companies on the requirements for handling personal data captured through CCTVs.
As of 31 March 2022, the chapter on Anonymisation has been updated to provide clarity to companies on the requirements for anonymising data.