These Advisory Guidelines provide and elaborate on the PDPC's interpretation of enforcement on provisions relating to the data protection under the PDPA.
The full document is available here.
- Introduction and Overview (Part I)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Part II)
- Reviews (Part III)
- Investigations (Part IV)
- Voluntary Undertakings (Part V)
- Directions to Secure Compliance (Part VI)
- Common Issues Relating to the Commission's Decisions and Directions (Part VII)
- Reconsideration (Part VIII)
- Appeals and Rights of Private Action (Part IX)
Revisions to Advisory Guidelines (updated 1 February 2021)
The Advisory Guidelines have been updated to provide clarity on the amendments to the PDPA which came into force on 1 February 2021. These include amendments relating to the Commission’s power to accept voluntary undertakings as part of its enforcement regime.