Advisory Guidelines on Enforcement of Data Protection Provisions
These Advisory Guidelines provide and elaborate on the PDPC's interpretation of enforcement on provisions relating to the data protection under the PDPA.
The full document is available here.
- Introduction and Overview (Part I)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Part II)
- Reviews (Part III)
- Investigations (Part IV)
- Voluntary Undertakings (Part V)
- Directions to Secure Compliance (Part VI)
- Common Issues Relating to the Commission's Decisions and Directions (Part VII)
- Reconsideration (Part VIII)
- Appeals and Rights of Private Action (Part IX)
Revisions to Advisory Guidelines (updated on 1 October 2022)
The Advisory Guidelines have been updated to provide clarity on the amendments to the PDPA which came into force on 1 February 2021. These include amendments relating to the Commission’s power to accept voluntary undertakings as part of its enforcement regime as well as changes in the maximum financial penalty which may be imposed on organisations for breaches under the PDPA.