To thrive as a data protection professional, building core competencies, acquiring new skills and sharpening existing ones enable you become a better leader in data protection.
Find out more about the career pathways from entry-level data protection executives to regional senior management roles in data protection, as well as the core competencies and proficiency required to perform the job function effectively at each level.
The three-day course on the Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act seeks to deepen participants’ understanding of the PDPA. Participants who successfully complete the course and assessment will be awarded the WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
The three-day preparatory course equips participants with practical data governance and data protection knowledge and skills. You will also learn how to use risk-based tools to establish a robust data protection infrastructure for your organisation. Participants who pass the examination will obtain the Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore) issued by the PDPC and International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme Plus (CITREP+) courses*
These courses are offered under the Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme Plus (CITREP+) by the Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore, which allows for up to 90 percent funding on course fees.
- Certified Information Privacy Manager Programme
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist Programme
- Hands-on Data Protection Officer Training Programme - Enabling New Competencies for the Data Protection Officer & Complying with the Personal Data Protection Act
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Asia Programme
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe Programme
Courses by Singapore Management University Academy*
Here are other courses offered by Singapore Management University (SMU) Academy and funded by SSG, subsidising up to 70% of course fees for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents below 40 years old and an additional 20% subsidy for Singaporeans aged 40 and above.
- Advanced Certificate in Data Protection and Operational Excellence
- Advanced Certificate in Data Protection Principles
*These courses do not use the curriculum developed by the PDPC and are not endorsed in any way by the PDPC.